Help Needed: Clthes Dryer has no heat

BlankHelp, please. Today, the clothes dryer we have (gas unit) isn't producing any heat. Before I tear the thing apart, does anyone have any idea what to look for? Sure would appreciate any help before I get into repairing it. Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Mark

Failed ignitor (it should glow) Failed gas valve coil (there are probably two sold as a set) Failed flame/Ignitor sensor

Reply to
The Masked Marvel

Hi,

Make? Model#? Approx age?

Some gas dryer helps...

Q - My gas dryer will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?

A - Things that could stop a gas dryer from heating:

- glow bar igniter ... - coil on the gas valve ... - gas valve ... - thermostats ... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - sensor ... - thermal fuse ...

jeff.

Repair Aid

Reply to
jeff

You neglected to say if your burner is igniting or not.

Suddenly this spring my clothes were still damp after running for almost an hour. Burner was kicking on, but short cycling. Went outside in the dark to see if it was blowing hot air, and a dazed bird flew into my hand. I dug the nest out of the vent, cleaned lint that was hanging the flapper open, and it now works fine.

Another poster had mice (or was it rats) in the vent.

Reply to
David Efflandt

It's a Jenn-Air unit Model JDG2000W and it's about 7 or 8 years old.

Another posting listed three parts (igniter, valve coil, flame sensor) to look for....any way to check these when the dryer is apart?

Reply to
Mark

The exhaust for the hot air is clean...I check that regularly so that's not the problem, I'm sure. The burner is NOT coming on....checked that last night....and I tried this at all of the dial setting also.

Reply to
Mark

Hi,

Ignitor, gas valve coils and flame sensor can all be ohmed and should show contiuity....the coils arew bad for working once or twice and then quiting and not showing continuity....then they cool and show ok again.

tips.

Problem: No flame, no ignitor at all, Answer: Inspect ignitor for small burnt spot on dark gray or black part of ignitor or check for 110 volts to ignitor when dryer should be calling for heat, or check for continuity with ohm meter.

valve coil kit for newer style dryers. Includes both coils.

bar igniter with wire harness

for igniter/flame

You can see these parts from links.

jeff.