Parts for Autotrol?

Where can I buy the timer to repair Autotrol 1550-TC.

The plastic gears for the one I have have broken teeth.

This is timer for Water Softener.

thanks

Reply to
Jonson

Looks like a 6 day version. How much would a unit be? The teeth on the gears broke off on mine.

Im thinkin of dumping the whole water softener. I tested the water. Measured 7 grain or 120ppm. Does that merit a water softener?

thanks

Reply to
Jonson

"Jonson" wrote

You have to contact me by e-mail for pricing but a timer isn't all that much and if the unit works otherwise, why not repair it? It is a time clock though and going to a demand metered control would be a plus in saving salt and water. I can provide you with a new electronic metered control valve that takes the place of your present valve and usually, with no change in the plumbing.

When the hardness is over 3-4 gpg you'll spend less on softening the water than dealing with the hardness. Softening adds roughly 7.8 mg/l of sodium to the water per grain of hardness. Not enough sodium to be concerned about unless you are under a low sodium or restricted sodium diet. Slippery skin is a result of no hardness in the pores of your skin to prevent the skin's natural oils from getting to the surface. Blocked pores cause that squeaky feeling that some people believe to be clean skin; it's not and many women then pay good money for creams and lotions.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser