GE Dishwasher Dilema

My three year-old GE Potscrubber dishwasher (model GSD2200Z02WH) has developed a perplexing problem.

The unit will not drain after the wash cycle unless the Energy Options pushbutton switch (heated dry) is "ON". This problem has only begun recently, and for no apparent reason. I would prefer not to use the heated dry option in an effort to conserve electricity.

I cannot locate a wiring diagram for this dishwasher on the web, but after tracing the actual wiring, taking some voltage readings and generally doing my best to troubleshoot, I suspect that the Energy Options switch may be bad.

I would replace the switch to see if that is the case, but it costs a cool $50.00, and that is too much for me "just to see if it works".

Are there any appliance repair professionals out there who have seen this problem on a General Electric Potscrubber dishwasher?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ken

snipped-for-privacy@yagelski.com

Reply to
ConcertinaMusic.com

If you don't get your question answered here check out:

generally doing

Reply to
Art Begun

Hi,

There should be one that comes with the d/w...often rolled up behind the lower kick panals.

Yes this has happened before. Usually changing the switch solves the problem.

Above link should be all one line...for "Switch Kit used on some GE brands dishwashers"....

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff