Amana Dryer won't stay lit

I have a three year old gas Amana Clothes dryer that won't stay lit. The ignitor will glow and it will ignite and heat for 15 seconds. It then goes off and restarts a few seconds later, but only stays lit for

10 seconds. It goes through this cycle one more time, but only stays lit for 5 seconds (all times are approximate). After that it will glow but not light unless I let it set off for several minutes. I replaced the infrared (or temp sensor) next to the ignitor and the photocell (I think) at the top of the burn tube, but no luck. It just glows, I hear a click and it goes off. Occasionally I will hear a vibration from around the coils when lighting. Do I need to replace the coil kit? I have good exhaust and the dryer will run forever going through these cycles. Any help would be appreciated.

snipped-for-privacy@starband.net

Reply to
John Ch

Hi,

The coils on the gas valve are bad for working once or twice and then failing ( they can be ohmed with an ohm meter )....but carefull of that noise/vibration you hear....a sticky/broken pin or spring in the gas valve will also work/fail intermittantly and often a buzzing is noticed from the valve itself = new gas valve.

*Some* common gas trouble makers are talked about from link below...
helps if needed.

Do make sure!!

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I'd agree with Jeff here, sounds like classic symptoms of a bad coil.

Reply to
Mad Mac