Amana Dryer

I have an Amana dryer that is about 5 years old. It runs fine, but then seems to overheat. When this happens the dryer will not spin or heat. After several minutes, sometimes an hour, it will work again. We have had it worked on several times under warranty, but now the warranty has expired. Any ideas? Thanks, Don

Reply to
don

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

Motor may be over heating and shutting off on it's built in thermal safety. This usually need cooling down time before going again. The motor may be bad, clogged with lint or one of the drum supports may be seizing putting a strain on the motor?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff