Aluminum siding source

I have a 1950's house that has aluminum ship lap siding. I need to make some foundation repairs and would like to buy some matching siding.

Does anybody know if they still make this stuff? Used Google and got to Alcoa's siding catalogue. Alcoa (Aluminum Company of America) makes aluminum. What do they sell on their site? Vinyl siding of all styles. No aluminum.

Any sources or pointers would be appreciated.

BTW, after a half a century the siding is still in fair shape. Slightly faded, but good shape.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Look for a company that does seamless gutters, and supply.

Today, aluminum is sold in rolls, and is bent using a brake, to fit what ever is required to frame windows, and other items. Typically the rolls are prefinished, usually white on one side, and a color on the other.

As long as the siding doesn't have any texture to match, this will work. Your not going to match the color after years of fading.

-- Silly sig to prevent isp ad

Reply to
John Hines