Aluminum siding

Can anyone tell me if they have ever done this? My house is fairly small - about 700 square feet and has aluminum siding all around. I am looking to remove the siding and have a stucco exterior. Does anyone know if this would be fairly expensive? I am leaning towards stripping the siding off just the face of the house, leaving it on the sides and back. I know it would be cheaper to just paint over the old siding, but it has a lot of dents and is just plain ugly. Suggestions?

Reply to
ak

It can be done. How to do it depends on the structure of the house, what type of finish you want, etc. If it is an older house and you want to add insulation, look into using a system such as Dryvit or Sto. You've seen this type of finish on many buildings that you think are stone and stucco.

Expensive? I don't know your financial condition or state of mind, but it is not a $500 job. You should be able to get a ballpark with a phone call or two.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski