Shades For Skylights ?

Hello:

Have a 25 yr old house with 3 skylights cut into the roof, that I recently moved into.

The skylights face west, and they really allow a tremendous amount of light and heat in.

They are fairly high up, and no practical way to reach them for a manually operated shade.

Is there anythong offered by any mfg. that would allow operating a shade or slats from the floor below ? There is no electrical outlet up there, and would be a big job wiring one in.

Some kind of long plastic rod, perhaps, that would hug the wall ? If so, how is the problem of trasitionming from the vertical wall to the angled roof where the skylights are handled ? A cord, or... ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

There are battery operated ones. You are going to need to change batteries at least once a year.

They also sell a pole that they claim can be used to slide the blind/shade open or closed. IMO they don't work.

Your best option is to just cover them with a shade or something that never moves. Who wants a skylight on the west side of a house any time of year.

I should mention that you might have heat gain glass breakage problems since these are on the west side.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt