Air Purifiers

Which Brand / Model do you have?

Reply to
newsreader

..

The by mail art school has also changed their wording. They no longer say that their "test" establishes what students have "talent" as they once did, but now their test shows who has the "desire" to become an artist.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

That's good to know. I've been trying to copy that profile of the girl on the matchbook for 30 years now. I should have sent it in when their standards were lower. I waited so now I'm never going to have talent, only desire.

mm

Since you all are talking about air purifiers. I have several HEPA purifiers, but after a little while, stopped using them because I was supposed to changed the filters, which cost quite a bit. Theoretically, I should be able to reuse the filters if I vacuum them out well (will an in-house vacuum that exhausts outside). Any input?

Reply to
Don Lee

I am not sure it is possible to properly clean them using a vacuum. My guess is that you may be able to do it once or twice and by then the accumulated very small particles that are very difficult to get out are going to cause too much resistance.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

That is a very good point. However, I think that most of the blockages are caused by the bigger dust particles. So, if I change the prefilter (cheap) more often, skip the charcoal filter (major cause of black dust), I might be able to recycle the HEPA several times before coughing out the big bucks.

Reply to
Don Lee

On my Honeywell filter the charcoal filter is the pre-filter. They advertise the HEPA as being a "lifetime' filter which requires no replacement so long as the pre-filter is used and changed regularly. The pre-filter is not so cheap, about 7 bucks. I'm not sure how often I replace it, but not very often. There is a little light that comes one when it needs replacement and by the time that light comes on that pre-filter is full of dust! I have had my Honeywell for years and have never needed to replace the main filter. The pre-filter catches the big stuff thus protecting the main filter.

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

On my Honeywell filter, the charcoal filter is the pre-filter and is the only one that has to be replaced. Honeywell says that their HEPA is a "lifetime" filter which never has to be replaced so long as the pre-filter is used and changed regularly. The pre filter cost about 7 bucks. I'm not sure how often I replace it, but not very often. There a light which which comes one to tell you when it needs replacement and by the time that light comes on it is full of stuff.