Air in water line? (Kitchen only)

I have noticed in the past week or two that when I turn on kitchen faucets - hot or cold - there is a little "whoosh" like air escaping. It doesn't sputter or make noise in the pipes, so I am mystified. Very nervous about work upstairs neighbor is doing since he put nails through our wiring :o) The faucet does leak a tad, and have had trouble finding the part we need, but I don't know why a leak would be the source of the noise.

Reply to
Norminn

If it's a single spout faucet with an aerator at its end, remove the aerator and clean its screens.

An easy to do first step. If that doesn't quiet down the noise check back with the group.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

No plumber I, but seems to me that if the faucet leaks, when any other faucet were open, yours or elsewhere, it might suck water from your kitchen line via the Bernoulli effect, like a perfume atomizer.

Only your kitchen would be effected because that is where the leak is. Maybe there is something special about your leak or your pipe that most leaks don't have.

Anyhow, I'm going to turn on my faucet right now, and I'll run it wide open for 30 seconds. Let me know if you have that whoosh again.

Reply to
mm