load center and branch wiring detail

I'm getting ready to hang a 200A load center and also connect up a

100A disconnect.

At thge load center location the two branch circuits are coming out of the side of the structure which has vinyl siding over wood. one of the branch circuits is currently connected to the old 100A meter. on the bottom back of the new load center there are two knockout s for wires one on each corner. my two branch circuits are SER4/4/4/2 cable one above the other about two inches apart, and I'd like to feed them into the load center through the back so there is no exposed wire. So the question is what are some approved ways of doing this?

can i knock out the knock out then drill another hole adjacent to it so i have a figure 8 opening? or make one big round hole? the wires are about .75" diameter. the spacing is about 2.625 center to center, and the overall hole diameter would need to be a clear 3.5" Don't they need to be clamped? (they're already weather sealed. I want the panel to sit tight up to the mounting surface. the other question is the SER into the disconnect. for the sake of neatness and safety I want to lay the incoming and outgoing wires flat against the side of the box, but the onlt connectors my supply house has are straight ones. FOr lighter gauge romex there are 90 degree connectors, but my guy says he is unaware of such a connector for this size wire.

Reply to
timO'

I've read it three times, and I'm still not sure what you're trying to do. What's feeding the new 200 amp panel? Do you have two 100 amp loads that you want fed from this new panel? I've never seen SER 4442, and if it were made, as a feeder, it would only be good for about 70 amps, assuming it's aluminum

Reply to
RBM

You need two knockouts in the back that will each take an appropriately sized SER connector (1" 0r 1 1/4"?). Put bushings on the connectors. You will probably need to enlarge the holes in the house where your feeder cables are coming out of to move them to the knockout locations. Use a hole saw or knockout punch to make your holes in the load center if there are no pre-punched KO's where you want them. Don't make them too close together. You cannot just bring the cables into the back of the loadcenter without connectors. Shouldn't your cable be 2/2/4/6 if you are using copper for 100 amps?

See above

the other question is the SER into the disconnect. for the sake of neatness and

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. Is this an outdoor disconnect?

Reply to
John Grabowski

Are you sure you can connect a disconnect? That seems like reviving the dead or squaring a circle.

Reply to
mm

The terms you are using are causing me some confusion. Is the item you are calling a load center the meter enclosure? If yes then you cannot cut additional holes in it. Some utilities will not allow the service conductors to be run through the back of a meter enclosure. If what you are referring to is a Combination meter enclosure and service disconnecting means then that may not apply to it. Provide the make and the model number of the device you are talking about and I can be of more help.

Reply to
Tom Horne, Electrician