Air Conditioner Question

I'm considering buying some split system air conditioners. Some brands advertise that they have inverters in them. Others don't

Is anyone here able to tell me what the difference is, please?

Reply to
Graeme Willox

You must not be in the US.

Europe? Australia?

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

That's correct. I'm in Australia. Other than my email address, how did you pick that?

Reply to
Graeme Willox

An inverter is a variable frequency drive...possibly driving the compressor.. good for economical operation ...expensive when it comes time to repair...at least in the USA with our fat lazy ignorant and greedy american work ethics

how bout posting some prices of some comparable models.....also post some manufacturer names....

also..what kinds of warrantys are offered on those inverter equipped units...you need to weigh in the warranty when shopping around too

Reply to
cornytheclown

look at his address

Reply to
CJT

wrote

I may be fat I may be lazy I may be ignert I ain't greedy

Ya dumb douchebag

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Is it really that hard for you to do a google search, Corny? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I haven't got that far yet, to be honest. I wanted to know what it meant first, to see whether I was comparing apples with apples.

I'll research a bit and when I have a few comparisons, I'll post them here. I'd find it interesting to compare our prices to US prices. Mind you, the models aren't going to be identical in our two markets anyway. Our AC electricity supply is 240 volts whereas yours is around 110, isn't it?

Reply to
Graeme Willox

american homes have 120 for lighting and light appliances and 240 available for heavier loads.

Reply to
cornytheclown