AC condensing unit problem

I took the condensing unit apart and follow the 24V blue wire inside the unit. As you can see on this picture:

blue 24V first goes into the "red thing" (don't know what it is) and then it goes into the green thing. When it comes out, there is no voltage on the wire. There is voltage (27V) when it comes out of the red and changes from blue to yellow wire but no voltage coming out from the green thing.

What is the red and green ? how can I replace it as it seems to be permanently attached to the pipe?

The yellow wire that comes out of the green goes to T1 on the electronic board:

The other

24V is on T3. So I have no voltage on the electronic board. Can I skip the green and red parts inside the unit and connect the 24V wire directly to T1 on the board?

Jack

Reply to
JackpipE

Why did you take it apart-- was the system working? If not, what were the symptoms?

Reply to
J.H. Holliday

  1. First shut down the 24v power to the condensing unit.
  2. Cut the wires going to # 2 pressure switch about 6" to 8" from the switch and tie them together to bypass the switch.
  3. Turn power back on and see if it works then turn back off.
  4. If it does then find why the switch was blocking power. Could the switch be defective or has it sensed defective pressures?
  5. If you are not sure what to do then find a HVAC person that knows what they are doing so you don't do anymore damage to your A/C.
Reply to
Moe Jones

I eliminated the pressure switch #2 and it did work.

  1. Can I run the system without the switch for now?
  2. Are the switches replaceable as it seems to be installed there permanently (from what I can tell).
  3. As Moe mentioned, could there be a defective pressure the would not let the voltage through the switch?

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
JackpipE