Abrasive additives for ordinary pressure washers?

I don't own a pressure washer, but I was thinking of buying one. Probably gasoline powered, not intending to pay more than $1000.

I was wondering if it's possible to set one of those units up to do abrasive water blasting (to clean up some concrete surfaces). I'm wondering what extra do-dads are required (injector? hopper? nozzle? wand?).

I see that bicarbonate of soda is one option for the media (ie Arm & Hammer Armex or similar) but that seems to have the potential to harm grass, bushes, trees, etc. I'm wondering what else can be typically added as an abrasive media that requires no special precautions for landscape protection.

Can ordinary sand be used by these pressure washers as an additive?

Reply to
Some Guy

No

tnom

Serious sandblasting requires a serious compressor and blaster. You are generally better off hiring a pro to bring in equipment to do it. That said, for the concrete cleanup you want to do, a pressure washer is probably enough. My personal preference is to rent a really high power unit. For the number of times I need it, rental of something larger than I'd ever buy seems to be the best choice.

Reply to
Still Just Me.