Subject Author Posted Replies

Is that a charcoal canister? In a hedge trimmer? Should I just plug the hose?
I was trimming brush yesterday, when all of a sudden gasoline spilled onto my hands as I swung the trimmer at wild angles. Lo and behold, one of the hoses coming out of the gas tank split, and this...
4
4

Is there a "special" tool for moving dead brush 100 feet away?
I own a wood chipper, but I've learned that a 2-inch chipper takes forever ... so ... for fire prevention, I need to arrange brush for professional wood chipping next week, so, last night, I created a...
80
80

Clusterbox Protection Ideas?
I own a rental unit where the mail is delivered to cluster boxes like this on the side of the building (see . Criminals have been attacking the boxes. The original ones were pretty weak and were...
1
1

How do I splice a "Grounding Electrode Conductor" from the breaker panel?
Domino Effect... I need a new water pipe to the street. They wanna replace steel with plastic. Home built in 1972 uses the water pipe as the "Grounding Electrode", which will be severed at the other...
54
54

OT Cell problem
First of all, forgive me if I've asked this here before. My memory does not work as well as it used to. I have a non-clamshell (bad choice) cell and it is giving me an annoying problem. It normally is...
17
17

Tailgate up or tailgate down?
Mythbusters tested this on two different episodes. The second episode was motived by a lot of people writing in with questions and remarks about the first. Both episodes showed that tailgate-up gave...
12
12

The automatic garage door opener finally is working again
Lots of cool videos on youtube about installing, repairing and adjusting garage doors. The safety sensors seem to be a common problem. One of mine had quit working. 40 bucks at Lowes! You can get them...
2
2

tree roots and my basement
hi first sorry if this topic is not related to this group but I am hoping I wi ll get the answer here because many people here are very knowledgeable. I have these trees which are 3-4 meters away from...
26
26

Toilet follow up
Couple of week ago I asked about toilets. I ended up getting a Kohler 1.6 gallon flush. Works well. I got the "Comfort Height" elongated bowl and I'd recommend it for anyone over 60 or with joint...
3
3

Transmix utility mixer...
This is a stretch for sure but, nothing ventured, nothing gained... Have old (as in late 50s/very early 60s) utility mixer that was mounted on old Farmall 560 w/ the two-point connection system and...
9
9

FYI: Small "Toro" riding mowers are actually MTD
Went to local Toro dealer to check out a small (42-in) riding mower, only to be told that they don't sell them because they are not really Toro. They sell the walk-behinds and the Zero-turn Toro...
5
5

Oven will not heat up
Hi, I have a Kenmore range Model # 790.95889301. One day when it was on it tripped the curcut on my circuit board. When I flipped the circuit breaker back on the stove would heat up but not the oven...
20
20

Enhancing An O-Ring Seal?
I've got an el-cheapo IP camera that is taking on moisture in heavy rains. The body is two cylinders joined on an o-ring set into a channel. Before I got nuts with the silicone seal, is there...
25
25

Swiss Army key ring project
Clever. Video

corroded battery removal
Black & Decker Laser Level uses three 1.5 volt batteries which are and corroded. They won't come out. Is there any way to remove them?
6
6