27 cents a mile

As I've pointed out at least twice, there was ZERO potential for any problem with continued drilling. The "regulation" could have been to stop drilling

1,000 feet from the oil reservoir.

Heh! Some would say he doesn't get blamed for nearly enough. Certainly he hasn't taken responsibility for any of his actions that turned out badly.

Yep, for lots of reasons. Specifically here, he never exported any job overseas. This is a flagrant lie and shame on you for repeating it.

Reply to
HeyBub

I had a 70's stripped down van around 1980. I never measured town milage. Highway was 15 mpg. Had to be around 10 in town Electric pedal bikes and scooters, and gas, will become a lot more popular soon. Greg

Reply to
gregz

wrote: > As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing > prices. > 9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of American shit, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.

but I rarely carry heavy loads.

harry, you're even dumber than the ordinary leftist. Amazing.

Reply to
krw

Is that so?

Head up your arse as usual.

Reply to
harry

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs overseas. He invested in companies that did though and there is a difference.

We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper and cheaper products. Pogo had it right, "we have met the enemy and it is us."

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The other interesting thing is that we have increased manufacturing output over the last 20 years, even when we include inflation. At the same time we have been averaging over 2% per year in productivity gains, much more than any other sector. I have long suggested that we have lost far more jobs to robots than to the Chinese. And many of these (among the biggest users of robots is the auto industry) are high paying jobs. So again, we look for scapegoats instead of reasons.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Are we surprised that harry can NOT distinguish between 2 very disparate things ? Even the URL proves him wrong

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Just you wait 'till the robots form a union, things will really change then. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

They will get out the vote, with people calls?

"This is an important message from robot union 142, reminding you to....."

.

Just you wait 'till the robots form a union, things will really change then. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And government tax and regulations force the issue.

Reply to
krw

Quote from the article.:-

During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

There yah go. A true patriot.

Reply to
harry

According to Wikipedia, Bain Capital has around 400 employees. Just how many of these positions do you think were moved offshore?

Further, the article you reference is from the Washington Post, who seemingly cannot tell the difference between outsourcing and off-shoring. Virtually all businesses outsource something: accounting, janitorial work, advertising, something.

Time to start stocking-up your bunker. October 27th is approaching rapidly.

Reply to
HeyBub

So how exactly do they off-shore janitorial work?

Reply to
harry

I had 2 Ford E 150 vans with V-8s in them (72 and a 78). They both got

13 MPG +/- within the margin of error, in town, on the road, towing a boat or stacked to the windows with shingles.
Reply to
gfretwell

Hire a bunch of illegal aliens.

Reply to
gfretwell

>>> in-companies-that-moved-jobs-overseas/2012/06/21/gJQAsD9ptV_story.html

Isn't that the AFSCME ?

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Go ahead and list those companies and EXACTLY how they did that.. Smart people rely on more than hearsay They want proof Guess where that puts you on the "smart" scale.

Reply to
Atila Iskander

harry can't do that. He's in the UK

Reply to