27 cents a mile

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd rather pay the 27 cents as opposed to carrying all my tools and supplies for a mile on foot.

Reply to
Pavel314

$4.859 a gallon?

Reply to
gfretwell

My truck gets 9 mpg.

Reply to
Pat

As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing prices.

.

I'd rather pay the 27 cents as opposed to carrying all my tools and supplies for a mile on foot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
4.03, actually.

.

$4.859 a gallon?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's got to hurt.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Isn't it deductible as a business expense? If so the allowance is somewhere up around the mid 40s.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Bought some gasoline. Divide the numbers. Turns out to be about 27 cents a mile, to make my 18 MPG truck move. Ouch!!!!!

Won't be doing much home repairing, if I have to go for parts.

.

Don't you have a bicycle to get the parts??? ww

Reply to
WW

Now, that's an idea. I wonder if I can get a Chinese coolie, with a bicycle cart? I'll check the Harbor Freight web site.

.

Don't you have a bicycle to get the parts??? ww

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of American shit, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.
Reply to
harry

wrote: > As with every business, the only options include driving less, or= rasing > prices. > 9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of Amer= ican shit, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of mileage you get= from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.

I have a 2008 F-150 with a V-6 and automatic trans that gets around 14, but= I rarely carry heavy loads.=20

Reply to
Pavel314

Or eating the loss (lower profits).

Reply to
krw

$.27 X 18 = $4.86. $4.03 => $.23/mile.

Move. I paid $3.399 Saturday, though it's somewhat more expensive here.

My thoughts exactly. ($#$%'^ top poster)

Reply to
krw

Harry as usual has no clew... :(

'98 Chebby 2500 4x4 8-ft 5.3L gets 15-18 on hard roads; the '99 1500 SB

2WD does better but it's just the 5.0L, too...

What goes for a PU over there generally is a toy over here...and, of course, absolute mileage numbers any more are affected on the mpg basis by the percentage of ethanol owing to the lower Btu content/unit volume.

--

Reply to
dpb

harry wrote the following on 10/8/2012 9:19 AM (ET):

Who said 9 mph? The op said 18 mpg. I get between 17 and 19 mpg on my 97 Nissan 4x4 pickup with a 2.4 liter 4 cyl and 5 speed tranny. Most of my driving is either going up a grade or back down. In Delaware, I'd probably get 30 mpg. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Yeah, but a gallon is also ~20% larger in the UK.

9MPG in London is 7.5MPG in New York.

This is all because some toolbag way back when bought 40 gallon wine casks instead of 50 gallon water barrels for the trip across the ocean to the new world. They forgot that they were wine casks, and divided by 50 when figuring out how big a gallon was.

Reply to
dennisgauge

Will you be voting against the $5.00 gasoline president we now have? The one who used executive order to prevent drilling for oil?

.

I have a 2008 F-150 with a V-6 and automatic trans that gets around 14, but I rarely carry heavy loads.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How do you get 27 cents a mile at $4.03 per gallon?

4.03 / 18 =3D .22388
Reply to
DerbyDad03

I took the price I paid, divided by the trip odometer. $30.85 / 114 = .2706

.

How do you get 27 cents a mile at $4.03 per gallon?

4.03 / 18 = .22388
Reply to
Stormin Mormon