27 cents a mile

Pat in message ID: NYudnfRv7qqKqO_NnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.mcminnvilleaccesscompany

said he gets 9 mph

Reply to
Dusenberg

The 2012 tax deduction is $055.5, or keep your receipts. Charity deduction is $0.14 per mile, medical & moving deductions are $0.23 per mile.

If you don't like to pay to drive, quit driving.

Reply to
Stan

The 2012 tax deduction is $055.5, or keep your receipts. Charity deduction is $0.14 per mile, medical & moving deductions are $0.23 per mile.

If you don't like to pay to drive, quit driving.

Reply to
Stan

Must take him a long time to get anywhere.

Reply to
Smitty Two

No, said he "My truck gets 9 mpg."

I think he was saying " Don't feel so bad, my cost per mile is twice what yours is for the same price per gallon."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

His post was so nice, he posted it twice! ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Then you are getting more like 14.9 MPG

Look behind your truck, are you still towing the boat?

Reply to
gfretwell

wrote: > As with every business, the only options include driving less, or rasing > prices. > 9mpg???!! Get a properly designed truck instead of American shit, Or even a diesel engined one. That's the sort of mileage you get from a truck that carries 16 tons in Europe.

rarely carry heavy loads.

My 2001 Ranger with a V-6 (4l) and automatic w/4WD gets around 15 on a good day, in the summer (maybe 12 in a Vermont Winter - another reason to leave NE). It's an exceedingly rare even that I carry a heavy load far enough to get a handle on the gas mileage. I've pulled a U-Haul several times but that's not really the same thing.

Reply to
krw

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:wtCcs.30601$ snipped-for-privacy@fed13.iad:

I really think you should read a bit before spouting off like that. The current problem in CA is because of refinery problems the REFINERIES are having. Has nothing whatsoever to do with Obama. Other problems are with pipelines that "suddenly" have such diminished capacity that oil stacks up in OK and cannot reach the refineries it is supposed to go to. Some of that has to do with a fairly small portion of the Keystone system, and now Indian tribes are in an uproar because of attempted eminent domain expropriation of their lands. Really funny how all those things suddenly pop up just before elections ...

Reply to
Han

Not boat, camper. ;)

More seriously, it's been killer humid, and I've had the defroster on.

.

Then you are getting more like 14.9 MPG

Look behind your truck, are you still towing the boat?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The current problem in CA is a refinery issue but gas doubling in Obama's term has nothing to do with power outages or fires in CA. Remember, he *wants* $4 gas.

Reply to
krw

But seriously, which number is correct?

At $4.03 per, and $30.85 total, that's 7.655 gallons

114 miles divided by 7.655 gallons is 14.89 MPG.

You said you get 18 MPG. How did you determine that number?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

So happy you have a direct line to Obama's plans ... (that was sarcasm).

Any president who really, really wants energy to be expensive is out of his mind. Any president who wants energy costs to reflect all the expenses, and lets different forms of energy compete on a level playing field, is doing the world (not just the US) a favor.

Reply to
Han

I determined the 18 MPG by keeping track of fuel and miles, for several fill ups, after I got the vehicle.

.

But seriously, which number is correct?

At $4.03 per, and $30.85 total, that's 7.655 gallons

114 miles divided by 7.655 gallons is 14.89 MPG.

You said you get 18 MPG. How did you determine that number?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bullshit. His energy "policy" certainly does affect gas prices.

Irrelevant. Oil is not (but could be).

Reply to
krw

If you stupid lefties would only listen, he'll tell you what he wants to do. You can't listen any better than you can read, or think, though.

Yet you vote for him anyway.

Idiot.

Reply to
krw

You do see the problem here, right? Let's go over all the figures one more time.

You told us that you determined that it cost you 0.27 per mile based on 18 MPG, which works out to $4.85 per gallon.

Then you told us the gas was actually only $4.03 per gallon.

Then you told us that it cost you $30.85, which at $4.03 per gallon means you bought 7.655 gallons.

You also said you drove 114 miles.

114 / 7.655 is 14.89 MPG, not 18 MPG.

So if it really does cost you $0.27 per mile, then you are not getting 18 MPG. Maybe you got 18 MPG when the truck was new (or new to you) or maybe you weren't towing a boat or maybe the truck is having problems now, but bottom line is your numbers don't work out to 18 MPG based on everything else you've told us.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I had a smaller v6 Dakota and I got no more than 13 going to work, stop and go.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The thinking among some on the left is if you make fossil fuels artificially higher in price while you funnel massive government subsidies into alternative energy they will start to look financially feasible.

We hear a lot about the $2 billion that oil gets in tax breaks but they don't like to talk about the $90 billion wind and solar get in breaks and subsidies..

Obama has sad many times this is his policy.

Reply to
gfretwell

OIL is making huge profits historically.......

wind and solar have yet to be profitable

Reply to
bob haller