Subject Author Posted Replies

Ground prong up would not stop this
Fire officials are warning about a potentially dangerous viral video challenge circulating on social media. It’s making the rounds on the video app "TikTok. "Authorities said it could cause a...
3
3

OT MoleVille!
Yes, some swear by those baits while others say that trapping is the best approach. Eliminating most of the grubs from your turfgrass seems to help, as they're a favorite food source for moles....
8
8

OT Misdelivered mail
Yeah, they are so innocent looking. My mail is in a cluster box with a couple of big lockers for the larger parcels. The carrier leave the key if you've got something in the big box. I was lazy one...
68
68

Remove carriage bolts from concrete
The head is actually what’s exposed. Is there a good way to extract it?
10
10

Cleaning a gas oven
My gas oven needs to be cleaned but since I've never had one before, I'm concerned about the flame. It does have an electric start.
14
14

Boing boing boing into the ground.
I wonder if the poor bastards are using Ada?
34
34

repair small black and decker bench drill press
I don't use it much, every once in a while it's handy. It use to be erratic about starting and now it mostly won't. Symptoms: it runs only at the medium speed, and starts only after tapping on the...

Repairing curbside plastic garbage cans
That's right. Polyethylene cracking means it is degraded and needs to be replaced.
34
34

Cover Up!!!
I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH. Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls...
8
8

Whitewash!!
Any Mark Twains here ever use it?
9
9

Coal out -- Natural gas in
Jut got an email from my power company, Florida Power and Light, announcing my bill will be going down. This is part of their story: Over the last decade, we’ve retired coal-powered plants and...
17
17

OT = TV LG 55UJ6300 REMOTE
Does the TV have a factory reset procedure? Other than it linking to the PC and showing files that don't exist, what's the issue, ie are you trying to do something that doesn't work? What happens if...
12
12

Innovation at it's finest
Fisker Ocean, an electric SUV, has introduced "California Mode" air conditioning. They roll all the windows down. Now if someone would just come up with a small window in front of the regular window...
5
5

Whirlpool recall 500,000 fire-risk washing machines | ITV News
No problem. It's wet and moldy in the UK so everything is virtually self-extinguishing.
1
1

Lowes blows
I buy appliances from appliance dealers and lumber from lumber-yards, and hardware from hardware stores. I also buy groceries from grocery stores. Sadly the lumber yards and hardware stores are...
34
34