220 volts, anyone

Well that makes you unusual. I never worked for a bank and I can just about guaranttee that most of the others in this group didn't either.

And what they did instead didnt' lead to confusion??

Things like that that have no consequence, I don't want to see. Invalid pin entries and bad swipes neither cost me money nor do they appear to have cost me money, even if they were shown. .

But deductions of money from my account to have consequences.

The problem is that they DID show holds for money that was never deducted/debited/chargeed but they didn't disttinguish it from money that WAS deducted. They did this both in the email alerts, and the monthly statement as viewed online before the month ended**. All they had to do was says in the email. This is a HOLD and no money has been deducted. Or if money was deducted, they should have sent an email to say it was returned.

Then to make matters worse, they first put the entry in the online-statement, and later removd it with no nothing left to say it had been there. And you don't think that is confusing? You think it is okay to have phantom charges that appear online and then disappear? Or emails about "transactions" that appear to be charges, without saying that they were reversed later?

**I guess since it's not the end of the month, and it changes before it's finalized/mailed, that means it's not really the monthly statement, but it has the same format as the monthly statment and I don't know what else it should be called.

That's good.

That's all good, but giving me a bunch of words about something the bank does right doesn't mean they haven't done something else that is wrong.

If you and the people here don't know the answer, I have no critiicism about that. I thought it might be so well known that even with the little information I had, the answer would have been clear. That would have been true if I had, for example, described a GFI breaker in the USA that kept tripping. People ask questions like that all the time, and the group is able to answer them. If the people here can't this time, that's fine.

My agency does not allow me to say where assignments take me.

I live in the USA.

Yes. Thank you.

I've been away for 3 days. We'll see. It takes no time to take the picture but the rest will take me time, and I've told the landlady I will try to put casters on a cabinet she has. It turns out she can't borrow an electric drill and the tool I bought to start the holes didn't work as well as I hoped, The cabinet is upsdide down in her living room and she needs help turning it right side up and putting it back in the other room, so that is a priority.

It's inside the apartment.

I hadn't had time to do this.

Yes, this one is the most common, and is the one for the circuit in question: CDB6s Miniature Circuit Breaker

It's C16. I guess that is 16 amps on the C curve, and iiuc at 220v,

16a is equivalent to 32a on 110v.

There is a Q&A tab, and if I send them my original post here, do you think they'll tell me how it works!

The whole company is less than 10 years old, so her rewiring was less than 10 years ago.

The breaker that got tripped was rs brl rogy She knew right where to go so apparently it's the one that's tripped before, when the whole apartment is involved. Some of these are similar:

This one, for one:
althought it's branded EATON instead of RS. It says"Type B MCB and 30mA RCD combined in one device

10kA MCB/RCBO breaking capacity Type B MCB/RCBO operating characteristic"

That 30mA RCD sounds relveant. Maybe 30 or 50 wouldn't make a visible spark.

Also this looks good but havent' read it yet.

I have to take a break now, but one question is clear. How many of the 3 conductors are disconnected when the breaker is tripped in a

220v system like this? If it were even 2 of them, I don't see how I tripped this main? breaker. If I have time I'll do some testing. The test leads on my travel voltmeter are pretty short.

Back to the charge card: If the two charges from the gas station that were later reversed had been marked as Holds or Debit/Reversed-Debit and not debits, I would never havw had to call the bank. That would have saved the bank time and saved me a lot of time.

And when I made an international call to learn why the charges were there, all the woman from the bank said was that one had been cancelled. She didn't know about the other one that was still there and didn't seem to know about holds etc.

WRT the gas station that had two charges for about $110 when the car holds less than 60 which generated 2 email alert, the online statement DID show themt and the two local people I talked to about it, both adults over 50, one who runs his own business, said that I was being cheated. So it confused them too, Back in the states I know a couple other people who work in banking. I'll talk to them about it before I write to Bank of America.

Reply to
Micky

[temp]
Reply to