Subject Author Posted Replies

Joe the Plumber loses his business
What John McCain never told us, was that Joe the Plumber was on the verge of losing his business due to the failed economy. However, because of McCain's mention of him, Joe is one of the lucky...
5
5

I cried...
...with joy and relief, as I looked out on the crowds in Grant Park celebrating the election of our new president. So many people -- young and old, black and white, had tears running down their faces...
133
133

Just a question
Would it cost a lot to bullet proof my house?
21
21

FIBERGLASS SHOWER
------------------------------------- I'M WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO CUT OUT A SECTION ON BOTTOM OF FIBERGLASS SHOWER STALL. THE SHOWER STALL IS IN OKAY SHAPE, BUT I NEED TO BE ABLE TO...
1
1

Ceramic Tile backsplash question
Getting my backsplash done in ceramic tile. Just thinking about the electrical outlets and how am I to go about getting them flush again after tiling? Any insight would be great. Thanks. Steve
3
3

cast iron downspout
Hi, I have aluminum downspout that go into a cast iron pipe. I pulled it out as I thought it was plugged. I discovered that it was not plugged and also that there seamed to be another pipe in the...
9
9

Recessed light white trim yellowed
Ten years ago I had 4" Halo recessed fixtures installed in my kitchen. The trim kits are part #993W, featuring a white Coilex baffle and white metal trim ring. I've used 55W halogen PARs in these...
16
16

Anyone using LED lighting at home yet?
Sam's club has some replacement bulbs that are LED based. Three pack for $15 BUCKS Anyone tried or using such lighting?
40
40

transfer switch grounding wire
Contemporary generator isolation transfer switches, including Gentrans, have a green grounding wire running through the armor circuit hook up harness that connects to the grounding block in utility...
1
1

Sanyo Rice cooker battery replacement
The internal Lithium battery has run down so time setting are no longer retained. I have done some Googling but no luck in finding tips on how to get at the battery. Anyone here done it? Suggested...
3
3

Buderus or Crown Boilers
I'm considering upgrading my heating/hot water boiler in the next year. It still works, but at 30 years it is possibly going to die at some point so I'm starting to plan ahead. I'm...
23
23

Curb key water shutoff (size matters!)
Got a curb key and pentagon wrench for Reed and Ford water shut offs. They use Ford around here. Problem is, that the inside diameter of the tube is about 1 1/8 inch. And the curb key need about 1 1/2...

Cutting a few surface roots of a tree
In running my sprinkler system I came across some tree roots that has basically twisted around under and over my 1" PVC pipe. I am trying to untangle them but it's impossible. The roots are...
16
16

Waste allowance
I've drawn plans for a stick-built workshop and interested in knowing how much to allow for material waste. (Percentage ?) and is it broken down by type of material, such as 2x4's, plywood,...
5
5

Window Jamb Extensions?
Hi! The other day, I purchased some new blinds to hang for all the windows. The windows I have came with the house. The previous owner installed them and all I really know is that they are the "home...
4
4