Subject Author Posted Replies

Low temperature problems
The temp. here is around 15 degrees F (maybe less), and I have encountered two problems that I suspect are the result of the cold. 1. Electric starter on snow thrower (stored in attached but poorly...
8
8

Two Questions About Drill Bits
I have 2 questions about drill bits. 1. What type of electric drill bit would I use for plaster walls in a house (specifically to hang window blinds)? 2. I do not have cases for my bits (long story)...
3
3

Gas dryer shuts down after 5 minutes ? !
Kenmore "Ultra Fabric Care" gas clothes dryer, "Heavy duty 80 series", Model #97586210 75862... It runs well... gas warms the clothes, and the drum turns... for about 5 minutes only. Then it shuts...
5
5

Raccoon blockage causes death
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a raccoon. "...the home had contained no smoke or...
8
8

Whole House Humifdifier
I would like to install a whole-house humidifier on my forced air furnace. From what I understand, the steam humidifiers seem to work pretty well, anyone have experiences or suggest a model for a...
15
15

Tempering tank for hot water system (2024 Update)
Ok guys, pick this one apart..... I have a wood stove in my basement. I just replaced my old 52 gal electric hot water tank with a new 40 gal model. I am planning to use my old stripped down tank as a...
53
53

Wiring for Speakers Between Floors
I am looking to add speakers to the kitchen feed from a stereo system 20 feet away. I'd like to have the speakers recessed into the ceiling at a corner in the kitchen. What are some ideas for wiring...
20
20

Electric space heater question
We have one of those electric heat-dish-parabolic space heaters that I was using in my living room since my fireplace is on the fritz. those things put off carbon monoxide? Olddog
22
22

Using inverter for fan on a gas power vent water heater
I've just installed (had installed to be precise) a gas water heater to replace the old electric heater. One of the benefits I thought I'd get from this and the gas furnace was to eliminate problems...
10
10

New boiler installed System 2000
Some of you may be interested in the final outcome of my quest to find a good heating boiler. I started out looking at Buderus, Crown, Peerless. They all seem good, this one seems better. I've heard...
5
5

Any household vacuum cleaners manufactured in a democracy?
Bissell Hoover Dyson Eureka, and any other common brands. I'm looking for information about how much each company depends on outsourcing for manufacturing and customer support. How much of their stuff...
18
18

Metal threshold results in ice indoors
Our front door has an aluminum alloy threshold, and we have just noticed that ice is forming on the indoor side of it; this, when it melts, will not be good for our wooden floor. What must be...
13
13

New LBP rule for contractors
More Nanny-State crapola. I want my kids to have all the same opportunities I had. Look! A squirrel!
2
2

Needed: manual for sump pump battery backup control
Hi. Where can I get a manual for my sump pump battery backup control - the part with the buttons and lights? It's labeled MasterPlumber Model 539823 Submersible Sump Pump Emergency Back-Up. You can...
4
4

New Dremel
Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating tool...similar to the Fein? Any feedback Thanks Terry
10
10