Raccoon blockage causes death

"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called Rocky-Rooter.

HeyBub

I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5 minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again, should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.

Reply to
ransley

Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod,...... area of the most expensive properties in the US, hmmmmmmmmm maybe in those troubled times raccoons run to the richies :)

Reply to
daszkiew2000

Yeah, but aren't the babies just TOO cute?

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:94idnXnwBZLOxczUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Sounds as if babies were inside, so mamma wasn't going to leave them. We had some racoons trying to bite their way into the house. I found a lower piece of siding bitten. The shed out back they've bitten thru the wood and into the shed. I'll let them be out there so hopefully, they'll stay away from the house.

Reply to
Noahbuddy

Yep. Mommies are tenacious.

I read a story a bit back about a retired couple living on a couple of acres somewhere in the south. The property was surrounded by a thick hedge. One day, as the husband was mowing this patch, a BOBCAT stepped out of the hedge, hissed, and dared him to come closer!

Investigation (from a distance) revealed that momma bobcat had three kittens in the hedge.

So, for the next few weeks, the homeowners would sit in the evening, sipping their iced tea, and watching the baby bobcats grow up. Momma bobcat got fairly used to the couple and appreciated the food left for her.

One day the babies were gone - off to start families of their own I suppose. Momma's still around and mooches a chicken leg every once in a while. Maybe next spring there'll be more bobcat kittens...

Reply to
HeyBub

Any reason you didn't shoot in the first place?

[..If I'd have shot her when I met her, I'd be out of jail by now.]
Reply to
Oren

"HeyBub" wrote in news:94idnXnwBZLOxczUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Yea, cute like baby St Bernards :-)

Reply to
Red Green

quoted text -

Id get in trouble with the police if I shot it.

Reply to
ransley