"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old
man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a
"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."
It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5
minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt
leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it
off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again,
should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.
Sounds as if babies were inside, so mamma wasn't going to leave them.
We had some racoons trying to bite their way into the house. I found a
lower piece of siding bitten. The shed out back they've bitten thru the
wood and into the shed. I'll let them be out there so hopefully, they'll
stay away from the house.
Yep. Mommies are tenacious.
I read a story a bit back about a retired couple living on a couple of acres
somewhere in the south. The property was surrounded by a thick hedge. One
day, as the husband was mowing this patch, a BOBCAT stepped out of the
hedge, hissed, and dared him to come closer!
Investigation (from a distance) revealed that momma bobcat had three kittens
in the hedge.
So, for the next few weeks, the homeowners would sit in the evening, sipping
their iced tea, and watching the baby bobcats grow up. Momma bobcat got
fairly used to the couple and appreciated the food left for her.
One day the babies were gone - off to start families of their own I suppose.
Momma's still around and mooches a chicken leg every once in a while. Maybe
next spring there'll be more bobcat kittens...
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.