Gun laws in Mass

Let's start with that this guy's "facts" don't appear to jive with the FBI's. Here is the murder rate in MA, and any reasonable person would conclude that it's been flat since 1997, not sharply up as he claims. It's 2.0 per 100K, one of the lowest in the USA

Here are the firearm death rates by state, with MA the *second lowest* in the US, bettered only by HI.

NJ, NY, CT, CA are all in the lowest ten. So, using NJ, NY, MA I could easily make the case that reasonable gun permitting laws and process work.

The violent crime rate in MA is lower than in your state of FL, where everybody supposedly runs around carrying guns to keep it a peaceful, crime free place.

I think his numbers and his allegations are highly suspect, based on just the above.

Reply to
trader_4

I had the misfortune to live in Massachusetts for a couple of years. When they passed a firearms registration law with a mandatory one year sentence for non-compliance, I headed north.

Reply to
rbowman

Maybe we could send you a few hundred thousand haitians, drug smugglers and send home the northern thugs that moved here. Then we will see what happens. I will agree New York has a better crime rate because of the "law" but it is not better laws, it is more stringent law enforcement. Enough so that the civil rights groups bitch about it.

Reply to
gfretwell