Subject Author Posted Replies

How to clean vent for dryer
About 8 years ago, someone came out and cleaned our vent to the dryer since it was clogged. My vent begins in the laundry room and travels about 30 feet and exits out the wall on the side of my home....
18
18

Software for Orbit 57932 Touch Screen Sprinkler Timer?
I recenlt purchased the Orbit 12 station sprinkler timer. Looks great, but they have discontinued the software online. Does anyone have a copy of this software for use with the unit they would share?...
1
1

window gasket?
Hi All, Whenever we have a wind, okay, dirt storm out here, dirt gets all over one of my curtains. Upon examining the outside of the windows, I am finding that it is the only window on my house that...
14
14

high electric bills (gas heat)
I am just curious for opinions. Looking at my electric bill, it has a peak in the summer months (presumably because of A/C), but an even bigger peak in the winter and that's with gas heat. Any...
19
19

Toilet paper coming out of faucets
About 2 weeks ago we had some neighborhood kid come to fix our plumbing. He had a sign at the grocery store saying he did all home and car repairs for $5 an hour. You cant beat that price. We had a...
17
17

Who can install a chimney liner?
Hi, Contractor quotes do not cease to amuse me. I have had several quotes for installing a liner in my chimney and connecting it to a fireplace insert. I provide both. Each contractor described it as...
32
32

Fleck 5600 water-softener
Has anyone tried to replace the Main Piston Assembly with the Seals and Spacers on a Fleck 5600 water-softener due to the main piston sticking but found that the new piston was sticking as well? If...
6
6

woodstove leaks smoke
When we lit the stove at xmas smoke came out of the back. Filled the house with smoke. Checking it today for the first time, there are 2 outlets for the 6-inch pipe that go to the chimmney. The unused...
4
4

Suggested Appliance Replacement Periods
FYI... In reference to the suggested times Air conditioners: 8 to 15 years Dishwashers: 5 to 12 years Disposals: 5 to 12 years Dryers: 8 to 12 years Freezers: 15 to 20 years Furnaces: 8 to 12 years...
30
30

lube for gas oven
I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry
6
6

My Toilet Is Confusing Me.
Over the past few days one of my toilets had been giving me a bit of trouble. Normally I could just push the handle down and let go. The flap would stay up until the tank was empty and I would get a...
14
14

ducting size question
I need to extract 247 cubic metres per hour from my bathroom. I will be using a 150mm ceiling fan capable of extracting 250 m3/ph. Can you tell me which ducting system I should use for this? I have a...
13
13

loose electrical oulets
I moved to a new place a couple months ago (a rental). Whenever I try to plug something in the wall, the plug is loose and I have to bend the prongs to keep it in or it'll fall out. Is there a...
37
37

how do i replace a floor mounted toilet with a wall carrier toilet
How do I replace a floor mounted toilet with a wall carrier toilet in regards to the floor waste. Is it fairly easy to reroute the waste pipe from the wall to where the floor waste meets the one in...
4
4

Can I get away with painting the trim pieces
I have an older standyne (MOEN bought em out) shower valve and control system. The beauty ring (I don't know what it's called) that snugs up to the tile is a pretty dated antique gold color. I...
4
4