lube for gas oven

I have a gas stove and the springs on the oven door squeek. What kind of lubricant can i use that is not flammible. Thank u henry

Reply to
jp

on 1/23/2009 9:46 AM (ET) jp wrote the following:

I'll bet that all oven doors, and all other appliance doors, squeak. I'd notice more if they didn't squeak. :-) With the heat generated, no petroleum products would last long. You might try the white lube that is used on car doors. I don't know what it's made from, but I don't think it is petroleum based. You can get it in a car parts store.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks bill, ill try that, henry

Reply to
jp

Silicone grease should do nicely. Easily available in auto parts stores identified as spark plug boot lube or grease. Since it can survive exhaust manifold heat, oven temperatures will be no problem. Can't burn, either.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

thanks joe, sounds good, henry

Reply to
jp

Mine squeeks too, and has been for 18 years. If it didn't I'd think there is something wrong. You can give a light brushing of Crisco onto the springs.

Reply to
Phisherman

On 1/23/2009 6:46 AM jp spake thus:

Use the same stuff they put in muffler bearings.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl