Subject Author Posted Replies

Automobile engine cleaning using mixture of kerosene and oil
Years ago when our engine oil got very dirty, we would drain out the dirty oil, then add two quarts of kerosene and 2 quarts of clean oil and run the engine for 15 minutes. Then drain out the dirty...
40
40

OT = Valentine's Day
OT - Valentine's Day Yes, it is off topic, but a timely one time only topic. This is not typical spam. I am a normal contributor who happens to sing Barbershop. If you need a special Valentine, there...
1
1

Heating question
I live in a rowhouse with a York gas forced air heater. After the heater reaches temperture & shuts off,a minute or 2 later it comes right back on again & only stays on for a minute. Why does it do...
10
10

Metal Roof Costs
My wife and I need to install a new roof and are considering a metal roof (steel). We were going to do it last fall but couldn't get our act together then -- although we good some quotes. Does anyone...
8
8

Tap Water being Changed to Digital on Feb 17.
DTCs are reviewed at consumers reports, some have bad flow and an Ion taste, some leak electricity and you need to wear rubber gloves or suits when you shower.
38
38

Question Magic Jack
Question Magic Jack I am not a techie. So I apologize in advance. I see the MagicJack ads on TV a lot. My question is Do all the calls come thru a PC/Laptop device ? Does the PC have to be on for this...
7
7

Aroma Rice Cooker (ARC-930) mess
Hi Experts, I bought this supposed 10-cup rice maker from Costco. It turned out to be more like a 6-cup maker. Aroma defines the size of the cup, so that amounts to false advertizing!! Unfortunately...
15
15

6' Wood Fence
I am planning to install a wooden fence from the corner of my house to a neighbors fence, a distance of 28.5'. From the corner of the house I have to cross about 15' of a concrete apron. There will be...
8
8

Help.... fixing faux rock
I live in a house with cement rock as decoration on part of an outside wall and inside around a fireplace. Recently a patch of the 'rock' and mortar both outside and inside have falling off. I can see...
6
6

Pressure relief valve
What is the purpose of the pressure relief valve that is installed in the water line coming into my house. It is on my side of the water meter. There is some sort of an adjustment on the end of it and...
31
31

Saw Kickback
Fortunately I have not experienced circular saw kickback or chain saw. I have read about it and I am wondering how strong it is, though. I know the answer probably depends on the HP of the saw, the...
20
20

Washers to hold Foam Board
Hi..finishing off my basement and am using sheets of foamboard to cover the concrete. I have used the proper adhesive but in some places where the concrete is not smooth the foam has some loose ares/...
23
23

Tub /Shower Diverter banging.
I hear a banging when I turn on my tub tap. It's a Price Phister model installed in 1996 (by me). The noise occurs at the diverter when the tub fawcett is on.. and stops when I pull the fawcett nozzle...
2
2

987 River Drive
A block from my office, I drive by this man's yard. He's obviously a windmill collector. Inside the yard, one can see all kinds of farm stuff. I stopped and talked to him, and he said most of these...
2
2

OT - Tax 'advance' loans
I know this is off topic, but as I sit here watching the tube as I catch up on the world's home repair issues, I can't help but wonder - are there THAT many people that are so poor they need to pay...
14
14