Subject Author Posted Replies

What's that clear coating used on tables and bars called?
It's a very thick coating. People embed coins, photos and all sorts of objects in it. I've seen it used mostly in bars and restaurants on the bar or tables. It kind of looks like varnish but it's much...
3
3

OT good deals in a bad economy
I have never gotten as good as deals as I do in this day & age. I needed a set of tires for my truck, told someone who was looking for work. They got me 4 brand new tires on rims delivered to my...
19
19

sanding and repainting ext. door
Looks like my exterior door into my garage has taken on some moisture. See door pics here.... Perhaps I should wait a while till it gets hotter (dryer) but is it feasible to sand and repaint? This is...
3
3

Can Limestone steps be cleaned
My neighbor recently had her stoop replaced with limestone and bricks...nice job, neatly done. But now she seems to be let down by the fact that when washing off some of the left over debris made by...
3
3

How much are you really paying for electricity?
In northern Illinois where I live, electricity is provided by ComEd. However ComEd is really two companies. One delivers electricity and the other generates electricity. In my last bill, that portion...
139
139

House Painting Services
Women Painting recognizes completely what your home method for you. There is no less or more important tasks, every client will feel the person strategy. Therefore, never spend your time and Call us...
2
2

Gas combination pilot/burner valve?
Have very old gas heater in pumphouse. Smelled gas the other day; got to doing the look-for today. Turns out it's the stem seal around the shaft on the valve at the heater; this heater is too old to...
14
14

Duct tape finally comes through.
An old half dried out roll of crappy duct tape saved my bacon and my mom's dog's ass. Mom (who has alzheimers) has a min poodle that she hasn't groomed in too long. It got a lump of doody stuck in its...
13
13

PVC railing questions
I plan on making a change (per the bride) this weekend to my from steps. T= hey are currently on the side of the front porch, but she would like them c= entered in the front so we can sit on either...
14
14

Power Wheels charger only putting out 10.6V?
My kids Power Wheels has not been charging correctly lately. So I put my meter on the power supply charger leads and only read 10.6V. Should it be reading more than 12V since it is charging a 12V...
5
5

OT: Thefts of Tide laundry detergent across the US baffle police
Again, your American ways are strange to us Canadians. You are thieving copper and other metals from your private and public infrastructure at an astounding rate, and now some of you are "turning the...
26
26

OT - Food for a year
I just accidently ran aross a Sam's Club advertisement for "Food Storage Kit - 1 year - 4 people" for under $3,000" . Just what I never needed, since there are two of us, that would last us 2 years...
12
12

installing rug over nice wood floor
I'm looking at a house to buy in a Houston suburb built about 8 years ago which has nice wood floor in the living room. I was wondering if wanted to install wall to wall carpeting over the wood floor,...
9
9

Chronically bored math guys.
Sally J?s having a hard day and doesn?t want to go anywhere. Her PH is off on the 75 gal aquarium by about .8. (The only way to solve is to adj PH for this problem.) She has a 10kgal pool and uses 1...
5
5

Shed of the year contest (UK)
A collection of the best (backyard) sheds entered in an annual contest. There are sheds made of recycled materials, railroad car sheds, sheds on the water, sheds resembling a Hobbit hole, and more....
1
1