How to lubricate desk chair casters

I have a nice desk chair, except only about 3 of the 10 wheels on the

5 casters rotate.

The wheels arre modern, all black, with a hood around the tops of the wheels, but not the sides, like on a car sort of, all plastic except the axle for the wheels and axle for the swiveling. I'd look for a picture but my broswer is frozen again. .

Any tips on how to lube them.

I think I recall with casters of this type I could pry the wheels off the axle and then do a good job of cleaning and oiling. Do the wheels normally pry off.

But now I spray WD-40 hoping it will seep between the wheel and the body of the caster, but it doesn't help much.

Thanjks.

Reply to
micky

Lithium spray.

Thanjks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

And cheap plastic casters? Get some new casters.

There is something jammed in the axle area.... thread, hair, carpet fibers, something. I don't think you can successfully they them apart and put them back together. The best bet, if you keep them, is to use needle nose pliers to remove whatever is jamming them/wrapped around the axle, if you can access the debris.

Reply to
Sonny

I agree with Sonny. You don't need to lubricate, you need to clean.

Dave M.

Reply to
Dave M.