my front door lock sometimes can not be opened with key. it is newly installed month ago.

i insert the key into the door lock but sometimes it could not turn. After half hour later, it turns when I try again.I still don't know why.

Reply to
James

Well locks work on a mechanism that is similar to that of safes. When the key is inserted it moves other safety pins out of motion till it reaches the last one and then you will be able to turn it. My advice is get a new lock and install it, otherwise the problem is more so the key, not the lock.

Reply to
matthewmcdounagh

is this a deadbolt or a standard handle lock? sometimes a deadbolt will catch in the hole in the jamb or on the plate that surrounds the hole. if so you can adjust the plate or file as needed. otherwise some graphite lubricant either powder or spray specifically for locks could help the key/lock action. I have seen brand new locks with no lubrication cause problems like this right out of the box.

Reply to
larryspaeth