Best illuminated bathroom mirror?

What is the best system for illuminating a bathroom mirror? I installed one such mirror recently. I will have to replace it, not only because the isolating transformer is permanently buzzing, but the light it gives is also useless. Alternative mirror illumination systems I am aware of are an edge strip of light as opposed to individual dots as in the image, a backlight, and a completely separate light above or to the side. Does anyone know anywhere the different systems have been objectively tested or reviewed?

Reply to
Ben McDonnell