Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

what is this newsgroup about?
I'm looking forward to getting tips for a great garden.
7
7

Lawnmower Identification and advice
Hi, This is my first post. Hopefully someone can help! Because my wife was struggling with the weight of the Flymo, I purchased an old petrol mower in the hope this would be easier for her. It cost me...
12
12

Mole control
(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time (in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not taste good....
12
12

Help mowing a new lawn when its raining all the time.
Hi this is my first post here and I am a total novice. I planted a lawn from seed at the end of August and now the grass is about 2-3inches high. The problem is its been raining in buckets where I...
11
11

2 stroke gas/oil mixing
Stop wasting gas and oil. Only mix what you need, when you need it The Petrol Pal calculates for you
16
16

A tomato I think????
I've moved into a new home and I was weeding. While weeding I found a tomato like plant. It has little green fruits about 1 inch across all over it. It is not too tall about 12' i think. It smells...
10
10

Pelagoniums /Fuchsia
I have seen that wilkinsons are selling young plants of pelergonims and Fuchsia this week at a good price are these not too late or could they be overwinterd?
1
1

Hey!! How Yal doing?? :)
I just joined this group im looking forward to hearing great things about garden tips! :) im so exited!!! thnkx!!! :)
8
8

How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??
I live in North Florida. There is a yellow jacket bee hive in a big clump of pampass grass (sawgrass), that I can't get rid of. I have used the long-shot Black Flag sprays, using a total of (3 ) 18 oz...
79
79

Fuel pump on B&S
I replaced the fuel pump on the B&S engine in my John Deere lawn tractor. But, it doesn't pump fuel and I wonder if I have to prime it. Fuel is reaching the input side via the filer, but nothing comes...
4
4

new lawn
hello is there a weed killer that i can use to kill all the weeds in the soil and still let me sow grass seeds in a couple of weeks? at the moment ive dug up all the soil and weeds that i could but i...
1
1

Killing Bermuda Grass
We've been trying to kill the bermuda grass in our backyard since last summer. We sprayed it with Round-Up 3-4 times, and then took off the top 1-2" of soil. We are still having a problem with it...
1
1

Cordless Weed Trimmer Problem?
I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes. Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks!
2
2

Homelite 454SP wont start
Hi, i bought a graded petrol mower about 3 years ago and it now wont start. I am a novicewhen it comes to these things so have tried obvious things like petrol, and spark plug but not sure what to do...
1
1

Ants in my lawn
I have had ants in my lawn for several years now. I have tried lots of different products including this year Nemasys Ant Killer Nematodes - No Ants. This last product has been the best so far, but it...
5
5