Mole control

(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time (in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not taste good. Advice please?

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I found the following article to seem quite useful:

advises using castor oil-based repellants, smoke bombs, and various pesticides; and if those don't work, mole traps.

-- Nelson Smae Cha----- A------

Reply to
loskene

Moles seem to be rampant garden pests, wish I could help; All I could tell you is to have a look at this article:

Smae Somewhere This side of the rainbow

Reply to
loskene

Can't help you, sorry.

Nelson Smae

Reply to
loskene

I'd reccomend that you read this article:

Nelson

Years ago I used a phosphide based poison put in their tunnels and have not seen them since.

Reply to
Frank

Traps work.

Reply to
Pat

traps

Reply to
go_internet_stu

Inground swimming pool. I fish out an average of 4 dead moles per season. Also one or two field mice or chipmunks and a few frogs. I do manage to save most of the frogs and did save one chipmunks life by netting him before he drowned. I thought I might have to give him CPR but he managed to recover and fled before I could get some work gloves.

Reply to
willshak

mouth to mouse resusitation?

Reply to
Red

*GROAN*
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

sampvasant

One of the simplest and most effective ways to kill them is to pipe the exhaust from a running automobile into their holes.

Reply to
Art