Lennox G61MPV Fan Won't Run

I had this furnace and an XC-15 air conditioner installed 3 years ago. No issues until now. We leave the blower on all summer to help circulate to our warmer 2nd floor, but I noticed it wasn't on today. It's been cooler today, but when I turned the thermostat down low, the condenser kicks in and then shuts off after a minute or so (I assume because it's made to do that when the fan isn't working?).

We did have a 1 hour neighborhood power outage yesterday evening, but I'm not sure if the fan stopped after power was restored.

Any simple things I should check before calling for service?

Reply to
Pete

Kill switch on the furnace?

Reply to
Jason Bourne

Doesnt the furnace have diagnostic lights on the circuit panel, does it have power. My Lennox has diagnostic lights.

Reply to
ransley

Circuit breakers

Reply to
cjt

Hi, Do you have power to the furnace?(reset circuit breaker) Do have a active signal from G terminal on your 'stat? Any trouble light(usually blinking) indication on the furnace? If you are not comfortable with this steps, call for service.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Has a DC-ECM motor for the blower. The furnace holds its control module. Get out your owners manual and look through it for error codes (blinking lights) on the furnace control panel. You should also see if your furnace is powered up in the first place. Turn it to heat and crank up the thermostat and see if the does anything or merly look at it for an on light or power led. Other than that if everything checks out ok call Mr. Lennox.

Reply to
Chief Two Eagles

It's possible that the electronic control module has hung in the off state or the power glitch has caused a lockout. Turning the power off then back on may cause it to reset. This happens a lot when a safety overload or over-temperature sensor/switch is tripped. You may have seen something like it when a computer freezes, cycling the power on and off gets it going again.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's usually a no-brainer but I do tend to give too much credit to the home owner to do these things before seeking outside advice.

Reply to
Chief Two Eagles

Like turning the switches on the thermostat from "cool" to off then turn the "fan" switch from auto to on to thaw a frozen system. Many customers don't know to turn the AC off when the grass is being cut around their outside unit. I showed a customer, a fine young Marine, a lot about his AC, in fact he helped us fix his ductwork when we replaced his evaporator assembly. I had a little old lady crawl under her house with me because she wanted to know how her furnace was supposed to work so I showed her and she didn't mind paying for the expensive control board. It's kind of funny when people are shown that their HVAC is not some mysterious magical contraption attended to by select members of the HVAC priesthood. They actually save themselves a lot of money because they don't run it until it quits because I've explained a lot of common problems and things that will burn up a system so they'll call for service a lot sooner.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

What really gets me and almost makes me laugh in front of customers is when I see a stat cranked down to 55 because the customer thought his/her house would cool faster rather than keeping it at 74 when it's say 80 something inside.

Reply to
Chief Two Eagles

Where's the "TURBO" button on my AC unit? I'm taking a break right now because I'm worn out. I got back a while ago from cleaning a package unit that was run while the lawn was being mowed. Now I have to go check out a Nortel Compact ICS at one place then go fix a walk-in cooler at another. I may get back late or I may pull over to the side of the road and pass out in the van.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I used to love to work on walk-ins in the summer. Would eat my lunch in there. Sounds like you're busy. I don't do commercial any more. Can't climb on roofs to get at condensing units and air handlers. Bad knees. I'll do an occasional new home install but my bag now is window units. Went up and did a service call on my sister's Amana. She said it hadn't been working for 2 days. But we're in a Canadian cold front so it's in the lower 70's. I started her unit, measured some pressures and compressor amps. Checked the A coil and blower, all was well. She'll have to wait until it hits 80. There might be an intermittent.

Reply to
Chief Two Eagles