Lennox G11E blower fan not working

I have opened the front of our Lennox G11E gas furnace and the only operable switch seems to be one that you push or pull for manual or automatic. There is also an external off-on switch at the top of the cellar stairs, which does in fact power the furnace off and on. Is there anything to be tried before I put in a service call?

David Ames

Reply to
David Ames

carefully put the door back on the furnace, and slowly back from it, go directly to your telephone and call a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained HVAC technician to come and diagnose the problem(s), correct them, then pay the man.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Take it for what its worth...

You have proven you dont have a clue...hence your posting in these areas...and stop the damn cross posting.... Make your call....pay the man....stay warm.

Reply to
steve

Well, if you don't know either, I'm sure glad I also thought of asking on another group. I can easily pay the man but I can't easily spare the time for the man to come during business hours.

By the way, you remind me of a church organist we used to have. When she returned from a vacation in Florida, one church member joked that they had asked her to leave Florida. I spoke up for her. I responded that they told her she had to leave because they had enough sunshine of their own. Understand what I'm getting at?

David Ames

Reply to
David Ames

You are best calling a pro, but does the system try to fire, it could be simply the thermostat, My new Lux Fan switch didnt operate properly recently. But it could be alot of things a pro is best to find it quick.

Reply to
m Ransley

You dont even say if it is getting power or even trying to fire. Is could be a fuse on the mains mine also has a fuse on the furnace switch which just came loose once . If its getting power or trying to fire just call a pro, you probably need a cleaning to.

Reply to
m Ransley

in message news:...

I know I cant see it from here and you have a problem..the difference is that I can fix it. The other difference is that I wont go poking around with half assed guesses to try to make it work, and when you pay up, it will work till something else breaks.

You want to know what to check? OK...ohm you motor, if it is in spec, check the cap with your tester. If its good, then check the blower door switch, and if its good,check the limits and if all of them are good, check the transformer output and if its good.check the control board, and if its good, do like everyone else does and replace the thermostat and when you cross the wires up and fry the transformer and control board, and find out that the local parts house wont sell to an unlicenced person with no clue, call your local licenced and insured company, and allow them to fix it.

A pro will take about 15 minutes to tell you what is wrong, and another 30 tops to fix it...more than likely... now...it could be that you have a cracked heat exchanger, or something wrong with the draft inducer IF you have one...but of course...you want me to open up my crystal ball and tell you whats wrong with it and I cant even start to make a diagnosis.... Call someone that can actually SEE whats going on. It might be simple...it might not be...

You remind me of this Mormon guy we have that hacks in this group....

Understand what I am getting at?

Reply to
steve

The heat all rises to the upper floor, leaving the downstairs rather chilly. But this morning, after I flicked both switches back and forth last night, the downstairs didn't seem as chilly as before. Maybe the blower fan got working again? I'll have to see this evening when the heat kicks in.

David Ames

Reply to
David Ames

I dought if it would run without the fan, but if it did you are damaging your equipment. Have you ever had it cleaned? A pro is still the right move.

Reply to
m Ransley

I think Steve really didn't understand what I was getting at, and I am going to write to him off list because I'm not looking for a flame war.

David Ames

Reply to
David Ames

in message news:...

I haven't been getting into the BS here lately but, I have something to say....

Asking us 'what's wrong with my blower, it won't run?' Is like us asking you 'my car won't start, can you tell me why?'

Well, you can't tell me anything as to why it won't start, and here is why.

1) You don't know rather I even have the correct key for the car. 2.) You don't know rather the starter is turning the engine over. 3.) Or if the battery has enough power to turn the engine over fast enough to start. 4.) You don't know rather it's getting gas from the tank to the combustion chamber. 5.) You don't know rather the coil/coil pack is getting the correct voltage to produce a 'hot' spark to ignite the fuel mixture. 6.) You don't know rather the plug wires are good going from the coil to the spark plug, or from the coil to the distributor cap. 7.) Rather there is a burnt wire causing the starter not to engage the solenoid. 8.) You don't know rather the main battery cables are all corroded and not supplying enough current to the starter. 9.) Rather the cap and/or the rotor is in satisfactory shape. 10.) Rather the engine has a broken timing belt/chain. 11.) You don't know rather the engine has the correct timing. 12.) You don't know rather this engine has even ran before this post.

This is just a partial list of the unknowns, just like the unknowns that you have provided for us.

Until you have the knowledge and the tools necessary to test and diagnose the furnace, nobody here can tell you shit!

Pick up the book or ask a friend how you should call, and get-r-fixed and be warm, or stay here and be cold. (take your pick)

BTW, I will not respond to any more of your posts as I don't have the time to give out free advice to a DIY that could lead to a potentially dangerous situation. (if you don't under stand this, you need to make another call after you get an HVAC company scheduled)

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

wrote

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

Does the "fan on" switch ont he thermostat turn the fan on?

Is the fan getting power?

Did you check the capacitor?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stumped Mormon posted for all of us....

Maybe

Maybe

I checked it with my lips and got the kiss of death.

My advice to the OP: close the door it will be warmer and pick up the phone.

Then there is always the run to the Borg for Lux.

Reply to
Tekkie