Should condenser fan always run while fan is blowing?

Hi everyone,

I just turned on the AC in our home for the first time since we moved in (we tested the heat when we moved in, in winter) and the air doesn't feel particularly cool coming out. I also noticed that the condenser fan comes on for 5 or 10 minutes, then shuts off - but the air keeps coming out. it's not reaching the set temp of 76 when the condesner fan outside stops functioning (current temp is 83).

so, shouldn't the condesner fan be running while the AC is still in cool mode, and air is coming out of the vents - and the room hasn't reached its set temp of 76?

It's a new thermostat we put in after we moved in, and it worked just fine for the heat.

anything I can do to troubleshoot before calling a pro?

thanks folks!

Reply to
RedDwarf

nope

Reply to
Noon-Air

Variable speed controlled condenser fans will vary there speed to maintain a set condensing pressure, temperature and sound level.

Reply to
Telstra

Check if the compressor stops as well as the Fan. Thats done by lying SUPINE ( Means Flat ) on top of the unit and listening. If both the compressor and condenser fan stop the unit is probably cycling on the low pressure control. Do not under any circumstances fall asleep on top of the unit you can roll off and hurt yourself.

Reply to
Telstra

Not really... Everybody here would be guessing, since we have no clue as to what equipment is installed at your home and what controls it may have.

Reply to
KJPRO

The condensor fan should not be wired in any way to the fan that blows air into the house. So, your writing seems a bit disconnected.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Helps to roll out a camping "closed cell foam pad" onto the unit before laying on it. Much more comfortable, and less likely to get electric shock. Get a non conductive foam pad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For Petes sake... Why don't you just move the recliner, TV and Beer cooler out there?

Reply to
Don Ocean

Yes.. Even Stormy has to get close enough for a laying on of the hands cure. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

So, you should understand it just fine...

Reply to
KJPRO

Hi Red You see some AC units have built in so call critical detector more frustrated you are, more fault it will detect there for you must call some one who is not frustrated and it loves to work on systems like one that you have, believe me it is best you can do. Tony

Reply to
new jersey

I'm really feeling the power, now! All 220 volts! Now, if that condensing unit fan has the faith to be healed, we're good to go. In the name of Almighty Government, give me the certification. The power to buy freon. Now, we call in the Farads, Superheat and Holy Gigawatts..... be ye therefore HEALED!!!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon