Window AC works fine but doesn't put out water?

I have a Whirlpool 24,000 btu window AC that I bought used. It puts out tons of cool air, but doesn't seem to drip water outside. Is this normal?

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Hello Michael What you have is higher efficiency unit that also limit life of condenser I have one of those, 5 to 10 years and be prepare to purchase new one. Tony

Reply to
new jersey

In many situations, that's a sign of a perfectly operating AC. I presume, it's not dribbling water indoors, or into the wall either?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Window AC spray the condensate on the condensor coil, and re-evaporate the water. So, it's doing what it's designed to do. Be of good cheer, man!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you're in Phoenix, it won't drip until there's some humidity. Normal operation right now.

Hvacmam

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Reply to
vickin