ZTR Mowers ?

If you have one of these mowers, how do you like it over the garden tractor style ? My wife is worried about not understanding the levers, they can't be that complicated can they ? What brand would you get if you only had $2500 to spend ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Can you even get a zero turn mower for $2500? All I've seen were $2900 and up up and away..... lol

joe

Reply to
JoeT

About 2 weeks ago, I went to check out the John Deere mowers on their website. I noticed that you could buy the online. I clicked buy now, punched in my credit card, and a new john deere was sitting in my driveway before I got home from work that day. I must say that is impressive. A local deeler got the order and shipped it right away. So far so good.

I love the fact you dont need to actually go to a store any more. Go to consumerreports.com, check out what is rated best, buy it and hope CR was right. More time to spend enjoying the yard!!

Reply to
Dan J.S.

"Dan J.S." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

I bought a Kubota however I havd about 9 acres to mow. Stay away from gasoline ZTRs because the maintenance will cause you to go broke. I got the diesel, they are expensive but they run longer harder and less maintenance.

Reply to
Doc H.

I have a Ariens with a 14 HP Briggs on it. I have mowed about 3 acres for 11 years with it and have replaced 0ne belt and one spring. I love it. Fast and does a very good job. OH some of the 3 acres is hilly and kind of rough.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly

I forgot to mention that Ariens owns Gravely also and is basicley the same mower.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Reply to
Mel M Kelly

No comparison! I traded my John Deere in for a Dixon ZTR, and my mowing time went from 4 hours to 1.5 hours.

I paid $4000 for my Dixon. I would rather have a front-mounted deck, because I have lots of evergreens and low crabtrees. But from what I've seen, front-mounted ZTR's are $6000 and up.

You will not regret a ZTR. The lever control is intuitive and effortless. You will regret a slow-moving, large-turning-radius lawn tractor. I know I did.

My rich friend just bought a behemoth Grasshopper commercial-grade mower with a 60" deck for his 1 acre lawn. If you have a big pile of money and nothing to spend it on, that thing is incredible. :-)

Reply to
Anonymous