What to do with this?!

Hi,
I've just cut my lawn for the first time since last year and the winter
has really taken its toll on it.
I raked out a load of dead grass but the main concern isthe massive
patches.
I am attaching a picture so you can see the current situation.
Any advice on where to go from here?
|Filename: rsz_1img_20160502_100617.jpg |
|Download:
Reply to
jumanji
were you having trouble with fungal disease or some specific reason to remove the dead grass?
that is nutrients and food for worms and other soil creatures. there's no need to rake dead grass if it is not causing a problem.
are the bare spots compacted? if so break them up with a rake a few times to loosen up the soil and then sprinkle new seeds on the open spots and scrape a rake across it a few times to give it spots to hide and sprout. keep moist (not super wet). mow when needed.
songbird
Reply to
songbird

Site Timeline Threads