Small Floor Buffer for waxed wood floors?

Can anyone recommend a basic, low-cost floor buffer for routine buffing of waxed hardwood floors please ??

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

I dont think I have everseen one for under $1000 usa for a new one. I would rent one.

Reply to
op4_camper

if for family use, go to a good vacuum dealer in your area. they have a small two headed buffer for about 100 to 200. they have several pads for them. the ones pros use are over 1000.

Reply to
jdk

Never done it myself, but I don't see why you couldn't use one intended for automotive use (waxing your car)...Real cheap, like $20, but you wouldn't be able to stand up and use it..Worth a shot if you already have one you can try out.

Reply to
scott_z500

Good idea, thanks !!

--James--

---------------------

Never done it myself, but I don't see why you couldn't use one intended for automotive use (waxing your car)...Real cheap, like $20, but you wouldn't be able to stand up and use it..Worth a shot if you already have one you can try out.

Reply to
James Nipper

You might take a look at the Hoover F4300 Floormax Supreme (or a similar machine). You would only need the buffer pads, of course. Not exactly for professional use, but for smaller areas it would work. I had one like this years ago and used it to buff the oak wood floors and clean, wax, and polish the vinyl tile kitchen floor. I was using it in a smallish apartment then. Not sure how it would work over a larger area.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Hoover makes a basic floor buffer. I have one and it works fine for small areas. The Hoover page only shows a model that has a detergent tank, but the one I have is a simple polisher. I think the newer model just has a tank slapped onto it. In any even, there are a number of brushes and polishing pads that can be used on wood floors. As strange as it sounds, I use mine to buff up my furniture after applying paste wax about twice a year. You can buff your dinning room table in a couple of minutes!

can also page through this Froogle search to see what is available:

Vox Humana

Thanks very much for these replies !!

--james--

Reply to
James Nipper

Yes, I recommend the type that you rent.

You see, the type that you buy, they weigh about fifteen pounds, and have pads about big enough to polish your teeth.

Go to the hardware, and rent a thirteen incher.

Reply to
win-ho-lee