Hold the DR field & brush

I've gone back to my old method - a good round-point shovel and a sharp axe plus my lopping shears. I had that one 8" stump in a bad place - right on a sharp turn. After I got that out by cutting a couple roots on the uphill side and hooking the tractor and chain on the downhill side - I decided I'd start on the worst of the brush. Just a couple shots with the axe - one or two on each side - I got quite a few out roots and all. Maybe I'll hold off on the DR.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

A sawzall comes in handy on those jobs too if you can supply electricity to it.

Good job OM.

Reply to
Steveo

oh come on Srgnt you know you want that DR. just think of how good it will look sitting in the corner of the shed with all the other stuff that only gets used once every three years.

Reply to
Jim

Funny you should say that. I was just thinking of my walk-behind Gravely - wondering if there was a "brush-hog" front mower for it. I checked the machine and it had grown roots because it hadn't been moved in such a long time.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

[....]

the visual I got from your description was pretty funny. I know exactly what you mean about growing roots. with limited shed space the things I don't use often tend to become buried under the things I do use.

Reply to
Jim