Hawks on TV

Airing next Sunday night on PBS at 8:00 PM is "Raptor Force". This show that spotlights raptors also features NAFA members such as Joe Atkinson. Visit your local PBS station for other air times.

Nature Raptor Force Sunday, February 18, 8:00pm

PBS

Raptors such as the peregrine falcon, golden eagle and red-tailed hawk are spotlighted. Included: a miniature camera captures the world as birds see it; and chronicles a golden eagle's pursuit of a jackrabbit. Also: raptors' influence on airplane design.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

At first glance I thought You meant the Iowa Hawkeyes wich made me question Your statement of "not pimping for basketball players"!! Then I read on..heh heh.. We have Bald Eagles,Red tail and Grey Hawks around here.Back in the 80s it was rare to see the eagles,they're doin ok now and moving from the Mississippi up the smaller rivers..I see eagles on canoe trips often. Dean

Reply to
Dean

Makes you feel good when you spot them doesn't it ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Yes it does and no mistake..Have seen a whitetail deer or two standing knee deep too..Picked up a hitchhiker spider once,it was big(not tarantula big tho)and black/yellow,,wayyy cool,,We let it go back on shore shortly,,those fangs were kinda nervy.. Heyyy,,brainstorm,,if I junk the old Murray rider the seat would work good in a canoe!! Best of both worlds!! I might reverse the hinge so it leans back a bit..I gotta run this idea past My Brother,,He has a couple extra canoes that are beat-to-shi* but still float.. Dean

Reply to
Dean

I'd like to see a picture of the modified canoe. Have you ever seen a "black-tail" deer ? I don't know the official name of them but some old rich dude with a large estate in our area imported a bunch some years ago. I can remember seeing them 10 or 20 years ago but I haven't been in there since.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Never seen one around here,,seems like I've heard of them tho.. The seat actually broke off the Murray but My Brother works in a fabrication shop and can weld the hinged plate on backwrds so it flips the other way and add hooks to make it removable..LOL,,this is soundin fun and practical,,My mid-aged tush gets tired sittin on flat metal canoe seats for up to 8 hours. If We melted all the beercans from the years of trips could probably make a fleet of canoes!! Open the shipping lanes! Here We come! Swervin all over the river! Dean

Reply to
Dean