Gasoline powered power washers ?

I am wanting to get a gasoline powered power washer . I was wondering if anyone knows if Menards or Lowes has any on sale right now that are good for the home user ? I have had an electric one and I returned it because I didn't think it had the pressure I wanted . I was told to get a gasoline powered one and not mess with electric . Anyone have any opinions on this or any on sale at any department store ? Thanks, Raz

Reply to
Hilltop Cycle ATV

I don't know what's in their stores, but I give you this word of advice. Get one with a good engine. And get one where the engine and pump are in the horizontal axis. The pumps on them tend to be better than the ones where they look like stationary lawn mowers.

Reply to
FDR

Could someone tell me exactly what power washers are FOR? I mean, I don't remember seeing them at ALL 5 years ago, & now they're lined up in front of Home Depot as if your house will collapse unless you own one. Is the water that falls from the sky really, really muddy everywhere but where I live?

I'm wondering if power washers are the Cadillac Escalades of the lawn-equipment world.

Reply to
Darryl

I am wanting to purchase one for washing off mud,grime, etc. and the nearest carwash is 20 miles round trip from my home . With the price of gasoline and the cost of carwashes today, I could have one paid for in a small amount of time .

Thanks, raz

Reply to
Hilltop Cycle ATV

I went out and bought one today , it has a horizontal crankshaft engine on it and it is a 5 1/2 hp . I am going to try it out today and see how well it works .

I will let everyone know, Thanks, Raz

Reply to
Hilltop Cycle ATV

Tried out the power washer on Sunday . It works awesome and actually has way more pressure than the car wash . My daughter found out the hard way that you don't get it too close to the decals on her dirt bike . It took some of the decals clean off the fenders . Just letting you guys know, if you are messing around with an electric one, the gas powered ones have WAY more pressure. Thanks, Raz

Reply to
Hilltop Cycle ATV

You are goint to have to run a garden hose to it so why not a extension chord also. Northern Tool has all kinds plus accessories.

Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down town Yountsville. Managers of the water works.

Mel-Donnie Kelly

I guess I was just brought up that water and electricity DOES NOT mix . It is just another thing to get in the way and also , the gas powered ones have way more pressure than electric . Just my .02, Raz

Reply to
Hilltop Cycle ATV