10% Alcohol for my Cub Mower

Hello I purchased a Cub Cadet Mower here in Northern Ohio in 2003 , was told by dealer that I shouldn't use gas with ALCOHOL , been having a little erratic run problem lately , looks like most of the Stations east of Cleveland are selling Gas with 10% Alcohol , also have a generator and would like to see it running after the next storm , any thoughts would be appreciated . Thanks Phil L.

Reply to
Phil

I wouldn't worry about it. Ethanol is required in many (most?) parts of the U.S. It is not really good for engines but it's not all that bad for them either. If you have a choice use pure gas but you probably don't have a choice.

Reply to
Art

Agreed. But, with ethanol, it's more critical that it not be left in over the winter, or for long periods. The alcohol draws moisture and the gas is more apt to go bad.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy