greasing Cub Cadet

We have a Cub Cadet lawn tractor and it's time to grease the deck spindle grease fittings. The manual shows where they are, but not how to do it (as you can tell, I'm not a mechanic ... just trying to do things myself that sound simple). Do I just put grease on top of the fitting? It's in an awkward space. Someone told me the end of the grease gun should fit over it, but there's no way to do that unless you take it all apart (I'm not doing that) or had a grease gun with a flexible hose (not what I bought or even saw at the store).

TIA....Lobo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Lobo

On most, the best way to get the center spindle, you need to pull the deck. Really an easy chore on Cub Cadets. Read the manual. Pulling the deck is a good idea anyway as you need to to clean it every once in a while and check for damage and wear. Clean off the zerts, clip the grease gun tip onto the fitting, should fit tight, will snap on, and give it a few pumps. Ideally you want to fill the bearing without popping grease out of the seal.

Reply to
GFRfan

Take it to the dealer - you sound like you know enough to be dangerous.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

grease fittings. The manual shows where they >>are, but not how to do it (as snip

Really an easy chore on Cub Cadets. Read the >manual.

OK, found it, but I can't get the PTO idler bracket to move (yeah ... I'm a girl). I'll take Srgnt Billko's advice and get help with it ... at least the first time. : ) Thanks!