What's the best lawn tractor?

My WheelHorse sucks. I need a new lawn tractor to mow my semi-smooth 1.5 acres and a snow blade for my driveway.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That's really a subjective question, I'd look at garden tractors first.

What's your budget?

Reply to
Steveo

What year / model is your Wheehorse ? How much you want for it ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

2001, Hydrostatic, 18 hp Kohler V-Twin, 42" deck, 83 total hours. Paid $4,300 for it. Sell for $3,000.
Reply to
Oscar_Lives

You paid too much for it. If you bought it right you would have been much more satisfied.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

If the damn thing didn't break every time I used it, I'd be even more satisfied.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

semi-smooth

And you're going to ask top dollar for a machine you know is not dependable ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

What do you think it is worth? $4300 with only 83 hours, looks and runs like new?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Since it breaks down all the time, I'll give ya $50 bucks. Where ya live?

Reply to
GFRfan

Only driven on Sunday's?

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
LTNAM

We have a Cub Cadet 1527. The mower's worked well on our semi-rough, prairie grass 2 acres. (We didn't get grass in everywhere we should have right away, and erosion made the yard lumpy). We've talked about getting a snow blade, but haven't done it yet. The tractor's worked well so far. Using the instruction book, I changed the oil myself and only had to ask for help getting the filter off because I didn't have an oil filter wrench. With a little help from this newsgroup, DH and I removed the mow deck so I could grease the spindles. I'd have done it myself if I had the physical strength, but I couldn't manage it.

I even mowed the ditch last week, and the only trouble I had was getting hung up on an ant hill!

Lobo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Lobo