Cub Cadet+burned grass

Poor design?If I park on the lawn for any reason with engine running and hot ,even less than 5 minutes, a burned area of grass will show up shortly after.It will be in 2 places one below engine and one below tranny.This sucks.

Reply to
JMJ

How tall of grass would this be? It would appear either the exhaust/muffler are unshielded or too low. Don't know about the transmission area -- seems unlikely it would be that hot itself so must assume either the exhaust pipe runs down that way or may it's where the exhaust pipe end is and it's blowing down...

If it's that hot and there's tall or especially dry grass/weeds, sounds like shouldn't do that or you might have a solution to the problem other than one you would prefer...

--

Reply to
dpb

That's strange. I have a cub cadet - quite an elderly one, and I don't have that problem. I do wonder, however, why you are idling a tractor for five or more minutes? Why not just shut it off and restart it?

Donna

Reply to
Donna

Then don't do that any more. Wastes gas too. And annoys the hell out of your neighbors when you leave it running for no reason. You think it suck because the grass burns your neighbors think you suck for making noise all the time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

sorry I failed to mention that it happens even if turned off .

Reply to
JMJ

--top posting repaired--

I'd assume it's leaking gas then...