Latest threads in Installationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can I run a copper # 6 wire from water line to hot air furnace ductwork to ground it
No further details provided

what gauge wire for 3 6 amp 240v heaters
I what to install 3 5,5 amp 240v heaters onto a single 20 amp breaker. Not sure what gauge wire to use.

buzzing in new electrical outlet
I just got my home rewired from 100 AMP to 220 AMP and got recipticals replasced and some installed, if I plug things in, there is buzzing in the newly installed one, even thoght the power is off on...

If you have a 20 amp breaker for a bthroom outlet, can you put anything else on this circuit?
No further details provided

Can I install a sub panel in a room with a carpeted floor? Or hardwood floor?
NEC only refers to non combustible floor but does not define non combustible. NEC says must be non combustible flooring. Would a carpeted floor or hard wood floor be permitted? I would like to put the...

how to tell if circuit breaker is bad?
The circuit breaker for my kitchen keeps buzzing and sometimes it trips and sometimes it just be the breaker itself?

What is the standard location of a light switch in a multi-switch panel in residential construction?
I grew up in homes where the switch nearest the door was always the light switch. Now we are doing new construction and my electrician is putting the ceiling fan switch nearest the door and the light...

old two wire house adding new wire to existing runs
I have an old wired house with no ground wire and am adding new wire with ground to existing runs do I disregard the ground or tie it in somehow?
2
2

How to jump a four way switch to a single pole
No further details provided

How do I wire 2 x battery operated wired bells to operate from one bell push?
I have a wired bell (which is too far away from the push to use a wireless option) but it cannot be heard from the push location. Tried to fit a battery powered buzzer on the same 'Push to make'...

used 12/2 power using 14/2 and fan lights blow. Why
I added a fan ceiling fan with light with no switches, just pull on and off. When I turn on the light the bulbs come on then blow? Is it because I got the power from a 12/2 and used a 14/2 pigtail to...

Surge receptacle keeps popping off
Have a outdoor outlet for the pool it got wet from heavy rain. Cleaned but still shutting down

do I need to earth a steel structure from every flat with a pme earthing system?
No further details provided

what is wrong when all 3 bath room lights,plugs and fans do not work?
I have 3 bath rooms that have just lost power to them. No lights ,fans or plug power. Tried resetting all breakers and never helped. Could I still have a bad breaker ?
2
2

changed three way switches to new lever type connected same way now it kicks bre