Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for service manager
I am new to this group and this is my first post. First I am not sure about the maturity here from I hve just read. But what I want to know is it ok to post info also for employmrnt here. Thank you,...
5
5

HELP: Payne status codes question
HELP ... I am trying to troubleshoot a Payne furnace problem and I'm almost ready to call a service tech but will try this newsgroup first: background: 1. furnace sat for almost a year, installed new...
39
39

Emergency! Please Help!
I recently bought a LUX 605/2110 Series Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat to replace my old thermostat. My problem is that when I try to match the wires I have to the new terminals, the designations...
8
8

Commercial Load Calc Software
If any of you guys are interested, someone has posted to the internet a working copy of Trane Trace 700 & Varitrane Duct Designer. A nice way to try before you buy.
5
5

Fuel/oil price gouging and collusion
Folks, if we as HVAC contractors did the same stuff that the oil cartels and oil companies are doing, we would *all* be in jail. The oil companies tried doing the same thing in the early 70's. It got...
10
10

Biodiesel
Has anyone experienced this fuel being used with a oil furnace? Apparently you can make your own from used cooking oil (ie MacDonalds)
5
5

Ice Maker Evaperator Question.
This is Turtle. I have Googled a bunch about a spray coating for ice makers evaperator coils when the coating wears off the evaperator coil and you spray a finish back on it. I have a fishing buddy...
20
20

REPOST: Ice Maker Evaperator Question.

National Compressor rebuilders
Hi stretch, hope you are having a nice day On 28-Mar-05 At About 15:07:47, stretch wrote to All Subject: Re: National Compressor rebuilders s> From: "stretch" s> I have found that the best Trane...
3
3

Dispatch +
Dispatch + Service software.........What's the best?
2
2

Indoor dryer vent "heaters"?
Not that I know of. You might condense 12 pounds of water with 12K Btu of coolth, which would raise the temp of 500 pounds of water 24 F. You might put 114 2-liter soda bottles in 3 vertical stacks of...
5
5

Selling thermostat
I don't know if you good folks ever use these things, but I'm selling a Robertshaw DSL-520P on Ebay. Never used it, never hooked it up, never did anything with it. Starting bid $1; no reserve.
12
12

REPOST: Selling thermostat

rotobrush duct cleaner
My father-in-law has a Heating and Air business. He is interested in purchasing a "Rotobrush" duct cleaning system. Anyone have any experience with this system? It is a significant investment, so any...
3
3

lennox plus
i have a lennox plus furnace i gotted used. i put it in my basement at my house. hooooey was that a choar. heavy. one of the hard parts was getting the rite size stove pipe for it. but that ol muellar...