Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Manual D and J calculation
I frequently see references to Manual D and J calculations here and would like to know how do these methods for load calculation compare to the load calculation method described by ASHRAE?
1
1

opinion required
Hi, I am thinking about replacing my 17 year old furnace and had 3 different quotes from 3 company's. One is installing York, other is installing a Trane, and third one is installing Ducane. York and...
8
8

Handheld tools for CFM measurement... Suggestions?
Several customers want to do VFD on big-ass dust collector fans. I need a measuring device that can be inserted into a duct intake or test port and measure CFM. These ducts are at least 60" round and...
12
12

roof mounted cooling unit
----- Original Message ----- From: "jim" Newsgroups: alt.hvac Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:31 PM Subject: roof mounted cooling unit I hope one of the queries was in the Yellow Pages for a...
8
8

5 Questions
Excellent questions all.....Thx
10
10

Service trucks
I am looking for a general consensus on the F-250/F-350 SD with the diesel. Problems?? Fuel economy?? Unusual failures or things that wear out prematurely?? Routine maintenance intervals(oil changes,...
26
26

Who ordered the snow?
Gonna be a great day...fighting strep, got one compressor to install, and then have to go explain to the resturant why they have to change filters or the units freeze solid..yay.. -- New Sig file,...
1
1

Appion TEZ 7, anyone have one?
Looks interesting...just curious if anyone has one, and if they like it. Looking at the TestoKool 523 manifold too..they dont call it a manifold, but a digital pressure meter. Havent found out yet,...

SEER
Udarrell, Just for grinns, where are you located?? Apparently you are not located in a high humidity area, otherwise you would not have made the following statements; A correctly sized and designed...
5
5

An answer concerning copper usage with natural gas
I had a house built when I lived in St. Louis in the early 90's. All the new homes were using copper (brazed) for natural gas lines in the house. Interesting post. Thanks
14
14

Noon, you could strike it rich...
Hey Noon, ever think about going commercial with those cookies... :) Be sure to check out the Crate of chocolate furnaces and stuff too. (there under plumbing/HVAC)

old radiators - how much heat do they put out?
Hi all, I have some old water-fed panel radiators of various sizes. They're so old, they don't have the heat-radiating fins attached at the back. How can I work out how much heat these things are...
2
2

New Furnace RF Noise Problem
Have a new Trane XV90 two stage condensing gas furnace. As soon as the Inducer motor starts up a TV in the floor above it has it's picture completely filled with RF noise--static, snow, all kinds of...
13
13

HVAC and remodeling kitchen
We lived in the desert where COOLING was much more important than heating. Our kitchen ducts were placed above the cabinets..Picture cool air 'falling'. We were on a concrete slab so actually all the...
9
9

For Noon...
I just can't get over how some people just keep spending MAJOR dollars on repairs and still have problems! HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion
2
2